Friday, February 12, 2010

Bleeding Cross

I never realized there was so much artistic shots just waiting to be taken, right outside my back door! I went and met up with Kailey for her Valentine's Day party at school and after that I couldn't help but keep driving past the house to see what I could find to shoot.

First, I started at the train depot. Sooooo many cool things to shoot there.









Then, I came across this quaint little graveyard with all of about 40 headstones. I was a little scared, but I said a little prayer before I left and I really felt ok after that. The saddest sight was a tiny little headstone peeking out of the brush and leaves at the corner of the woods. I stopped and thought about who it was. Who has been forgotten. I took a shot of it, just because knowing I acknowledged their hidden grave made me feel like I was honoring that person somehow. Sad.





I found another cool shot at the Lutheran church right up the street. The cross speaks for itself. Pretty amazing shot, I thought.



Sooooo, I pack up and head back home and as I'm driving along I see something that makes me stop and ask myself......Why? Take a look and see for yourself.



It was a fun little trot around town. If the sun will come out and play, I may go back out..... ::prays for sun::

1 comment: